Welcome

Hi ! "I miei pensieri" means "My thoughts" in italian. I use this space to convey some of my thoughts on some interesting topics.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Exodus: Gods & Kings

When someone tells me the name ‘Ridley Scott’, two movies come to mind – ‘Gladiator’ & ‘Robin Hood’. Both of them I would see any time of day and any number of times. So, when I came to know that Ridley Scott directed movie, titled ‘Exodus: Gods & Kings’, was coming to theatres soon, I couldn’t contain my excitement. Naturally, I checked out the trailer and found it stunning, I was waiting to just book the ticket and hit the theatre.
So, I went to the evening show today, dragging along my brother, who was well, not feeling well, but came along after seeing the trailer.

Characters:
Actor: Christian Bale
Past Credentials: Phew! Quite a list! Batman series with Christopher Nolan, American Hustle, The Machinist and so on
Identification of character in this movie: The guy with the beard, holding a stick and whimsical schizophrenia
Actor: Joel Edgerton
Pas Credentials: Elder brother of Tom Hardy in the movie ‘Warrior’
Identification of character in this movie: The bald guy with a good build, with an aficionado for gold
Actor: Ben Kingsley
Past Credentials: Gandhi, Shutter Island
Identification of character in the movie: The guy with the beard
Actor: Aaron Paul
Past Credentials: The right hand of Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, in one of the most awesomest series ever… Breaking Bad
Identification of character in the movie: The guy with the beard
Actor: Sigourney Weaver
Past credentials: The doctor in the movie ‘Avatar’ who joins Eywa in the end
Identification of character in the movie: One of the ladies in the palace

Plot:
The bald guy with the gold aficionado and the guy with the stick are raised as brothers. The gold guy has lots of slaves and he finds out that the guy with the stick is also from that tribe. They both take time out, go their separate ways, marry and raise a kid.
After a decade, the guy with the stick starts his schizophrenia, sees a bald kid (who looks like he auditioned for the lead role in ‘The Last Airbender’), has some alone time and self therapy sessions. During the sessions, he finds out that the kid is God who wants to free all slaves.  
The guy with the stick goes to the gold guy, warns him that God wants him to free all slaves and the request is refused. Then, all crappy things happen to the gold guy and he lets slaves go. Then, suddenly, at the mere insistence of the director, turns around, gathers troops and goes after them all for a battle.
After the chase, a standoff, happens between the gold guy and the guy with the stick face each other. In the end, patience notwithstanding, the water, in the form of waves, shuts them all up. The movie ends with showing that they both are alive and well and preparing themselves for a sequel.

Rating:
1/5
The rating one is only for the visuals and graphics, else there would have been no rating.

Parting Words:
If you have already seen this movie, I have been there and I am ashamed of myself too. If you have not yet seen this movie, go anywhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment