Welcome

Hi ! "I miei pensieri" means "My thoughts" in italian. I use this space to convey some of my thoughts on some interesting topics.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Escape

I lay on the floor
My breathing was heavy and body aching
All the bruises lay open
Blood oozing out for the whole world to see

I noticed the slightly open refrigerator door
And inched towards the cold air
To numb my body from pain
With whatever I can, however long I can

Tears were rolling down
But no one was there to see
I could hear his footsteps pacing impatiently in the next room
And my heart trembled with fear

My fists were clenched with anger
To protect the last inch of my space
That very last inch, that was mine and mine alone

Rules of the society were falling away
My relationship with him now a distant memory

And then he came in
Bursting through the door
He had something heavy in his hand
That I could not see through my teary eyes

And then it hit me hard
The searing pain began all over again
I begged for him to let me go
But none of my words fell on his ears

Through the torrential waves of pain
I felt around the floor next to me
And finally found something

With all the strength left in me
I hit him hard with everything I had
And I stood standing...

He let out a scream and went down
He moaned in pain and then went quiet

A shriek broke the deafening silence
Turned around and saw my neighbour
Staring through the window, horrified

I didnt care
I went back to sitting on the floor
Next to the refrigerator
Trying to numb down the pain

After what felt like ages
I heard the screeching sirens
At last, someone had heard my cries of help
I stood up with what I had left
And went outside the door

There were so many cops outside
Standing safely behind their flashing cars
Their guns all aimed at me

I didnt understand and my brain went numb
I am the victim, I cried
But alas, they were not ready to listen

I turned around and ran
And they came after me
Laws of this earth were closing in on me
For I had done nothing wrong

My legs were failing me
And my body was giving way
I saw the open ocean below
The moon was shining brightly over the waters

I ran toward the rails and I jumped over
Crying all the way into her arms
For some solace at last
And everything went dark


No comments:

Post a Comment